To plan and organise an event may sound scary and challenging at first. It seems there are so many things to think, but if you stick to the tips below, your event will be sure to succeed.
- Plan! As you may have suspected, planning is key and you should put a plan together as soon as you can. It will avoid unpleasant surprises and ensure you’re well prepared for any unexpected situations. You can do this by studying the exhibitor manual and making sure you are complying with their requirements. Double check that electricity, lighting and plugs are all working on your stand. Your plan must also include: your objectives for the event, deadlines to get your stand designed and ready, how many people will be on your stand and so on.
- Build a marketing strategy It is vital to be consistent with the message you want to convey. Ensure that you have carefully considered your marketing messages and that they will be homogeneous across all of your communication channels: your stand, website, corporate literature, press etc.
- Promote your presence Let everyone know you will be attending the event! Share the news on social media, via an e-newsletter, press releases and any other channels that may be relevant for your business.
- Have a boring stand You may think it’s a minor detail, but your stand is the first thing people see during an event. Especially in a sea of stands, you have to make sure yours stands out. Having a bespoke and outstanding stand design increases the number of visits and will give attendees a professional impression of you and your business
- Slack on corporate literature Keep in mind that your marketing material will be what attendees take away to remind them about you in the future. If you have uninspiring and thoughtless literature, chances are that the leads you generated will not get in contact with you.
- Run out of literature. So you have a fabulous stand, friendly employees, the event is crowded, lots of people are visiting your stand, your marketing material is gorgeous…but you don’t have enough of it. Always order enough corporate literature to avoid anyone leaving your stand empty handed.
At CDP, we are experts in designing and building exhibition stands and corporate literature that help you generate more business. If you need any assistance, don’t hesitate in contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.