Like many others, the managed print services industry has gone through accelerated transformation over the past couple of years. Many businesses have focused on fast-tracking digital transformation and new business models have demanded a rethink of the point where print and digital meet. Everything, from the cloud, to AI and automation and the expectations that customers have when it comes to personalisation and smart services is having an impact on the 2022 trends for the print industry.
- Managed Print Services for hybrid working environments – The pandemic changed working models forever and many organisations are now using a hybrid approach, combining working from office premises and at home. Achieving workplace equity aligned with this approach means ensuring employees have a consistent experience in any environment. Extending Managed Print Services to cover remote working is a key trend this year and vital to ongoing productivity.
- Sustainability rises up the agenda – The environment has been one of the top headline generators in recent years and that means increased demand for tech services that have a lower environmental impact. Delivering on this trend requires delving into circular products and services, process automation and increased tech, such as IoT sensors.
- Cloud print services demand is rising – Given the exponential growth in the adoption of cloud services in recent years it ‘s no surprise that cloud print services are following suit. Some of the benefits include futureproofing, enabling businesses to extend legacy infrastructure and accessing the latest new tech.
- Greater print security – From the vulnerabilities presented by remote working and greater cloud use, to the broader attack surface enabled by increased device use, there are many reasons why print security is a key trend in 2022. This is going to require endpoint security from manufacturers, as well as security assessments and ongoing monitoring in-house.
- The need to enhance employee experience – As skills gaps persist and The Great Resignation rumbles on, employers must continue to be creative when it comes to finding ways to retain talent. Technology is going to play a big role in whether businesses are able to create the kind of inclusive and collaborative environments employees want today, with Managed Print Services providers vital to helping businesses optimise the potential of hybrid working models.
- Intelligent automation will become a baseline – Combined with artificial intelligence, automation has the potential to optimise existing systems and make manual processes more efficient. Over the coming year we ‘re going to see more robotic process automation used far more widely.
- Greater opportunities for Managed Print Services providers – Recent research has found that many organisations are receptive to working with a single provider covering both IT and Managed Print Services. This opens the door for Managed Print Services providers to play more of a strategic role in client businesses, whether that relates to reducing IT challenges or streamlining the complexity of legacy systems.
As the print world evolves and these trends provide more opportunities for every business to grow, it ‘s vital to have a supportive partner at your side – and at your back.
CDP are a leading print management provider in the UK. If you ‘d like to find out more, please have a browse of the our managed print services.
Alternatively, you can reach out to us directly to get in touch with a member of the team via our contact page.