Flexible working has seen widespread adoption in recent years, as organisations have responded to changes in the way that we all want to live and work. The pandemic provided proof that flexible working is possible across industries and the benefits remain today. If your business is keen to be more agile and streamlined by adopting flexible working then these are the steps that you need to consider.
Streamline Processes with These Steps:
- Establish a flexible working policy – This should clearly identify what flexibility means to your business, how much flexibility is being offered and what this looks like in terms of working structure. All employees in the UK are entitled to ask for flexible working so it’s vital for every organisation to have a clear policy in place. It will be essential to lay out expectations in the policy and to ensure that it reflects the wider business culture.
- Identify the tools, management and processes that will support flexible working – Adopting flexible working effectively means ensuring that you have the infrastructure in place to support this. For example, can you implement the unified communication systems and collaboration technologies that will make remote working both possible and effective? How will employees access systems and documents securely when they are working remotely – and how will they be managed if they are not in the office?
- Mitigate the risks – A whole new set of security challenges arise with flexible working, from data breaches to cyber security vulnerabilities. Does your organisation need to adapt software and security behaviours to mitigate risks? Document solutions, printing security and network protection all need to be factored into the security discussion around flexible working and mitigating its potential risks.
- Trial your flexible working approach – Many organisations simply jump straight into a trial by fire with flexible working – which can go horribly wrong. One of the best ways to adopt flexible working is to do this gradually. Start with a flexible working trial with a small group so that you can better understand how this will impact your business and what adjustments might need to be made. It will also give you the opportunity to better understand the wants and needs of employees where flexible working is concerned.
- Adjust your training programmes – When you adopt flexible working in the business this is going to create a fresh batch of training needs that will have to be addressed. Up front training might be required, for example, so that everyone is confident with the processes and systems that they are going to be using. And ongoing training can be useful to ensure progress and momentum are maintained.
- Evaluate the changes that you make – Once you’ve adopted flexible working, stay on top of how this is affecting your business and employees. Is it delivering tangible benefits for everyone? Create a set of metrics that you can measure this against so that you know whether it’s the right approach for your enterprise.
Flexible working adoption takes care and attention to details like security and infrastructure. Getting this right can generate positive benefits right across the business.
CDP’s Outsourced Print Management
Outsourcing print management offers significant benefits for flexible working environments. With the rise of remote teams and flexible work arrangements, organisations require efficient solutions to address their printing needs.
By outsourcing print management, companies can streamline the process of printing and distributing documents without the need for physical presence in the office.
Contact us today to discuss your print management requirements.